Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT Why Kids Are Great: Just another day in the life

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just another day in the life

Just another day in the life

I wasn't going to write anything today because it wasn't all that exciting. I cleaned the kids rooms.. that's an undertaking. The problem with cleaning a kid's room is that they find everything they've been looking for and its no longer put away. I even got them clean enough to vacuum. I took pictures for proof that it was done at one point
Kendal modeling the toy room
Kendal's room
Logan's room

 I will update these photos in a couple days so you can see how fast this gets trashed. It is remarkable really. Here's the thing though. Its THEIR room. I will really clean it up every so often to vacuum, but if they want to spend the day digging and walking on things, that's fine by me. I'll help anytime they ask but for the most part, its your space, you deal with it. They do get crazy rowdy when the rooms are clean though.
Dance party on the bed
Jumping off something tall onto something hard

The real reasons I cleaned up a bit is because A)one of my bestest childhood friends is on her way here from CO. Her and her hubby have a wedding to hit in Jacksonville (an hour north of here) and they are crashing for a night or two at our place. I know she doesn't care if my house is clean or not but it really was bad. And B) I got a Dyson on Ebay for really cheap and wanted to see how much dirt it would clean up compared to my old one. The results were both amazing and disgusting at the same time. Seriously.

While I was doing all the cleaning the kids were doing this:
Elephant, Giraffe and a boot, no good can come of this.
He got a new astronaut costume "this is how they prepare to take off, Mom"
At least they were keeping themselves busy. Logan was also practicing his drumming. Here is a video. He wants you all to know that he lost his count in a couple spots but tried to recover instead of panic.




Before I forget. Our dinner/date conversation:
Logan: If there is Oxygen in H2O why can't we breath under water?
Me: Because of the 2 Hydrogen atoms (I failed biology and never made it to chemistry)
Logan: But if they Hydrogen atoms were separated just a little maybe we could...
Me: Maybe...
Logan: What would happen to a drop of water in space? Would the atoms separate? Would it just become water vapor?
Me: I am not sure. I think it would freeze. 
Logan: When I get to space I'll find out and let you know.
Me: I honestly believe that you will and please do. This conversation is way over my head, dude.
Logan: Sorry Mom. I'm very curious.

Night everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment